[Gnash-dev] Re: Font antialiasing (was: GTK-AGG GUI)

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Font antialiasing (was: GTK-AGG GUI)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:08:39 +0200

Hello strk,

s> This can be a solution for the 'renderer' availability during
s> parse time, anyway this was already fixed by all but GTK/AGG
s> combination.

Oh. Missed that. How was it fixed?

s> The other problem we have, and that persist with all renderers
s> (what we call 'font antialiasing'), is the current implementaion
s> of fonts glyph rendering. It relies on the fact that the whole
s> SWF has been parsed before rendering the textured glyphs.
s> It must be modified to allow on-demand rendering of them,
s> or, if you prefer, right-after-reading-definition rendering
s> of each font.

I understand. I'd say on-demand rendering should be a nice solution.
Tthat way we keep all rendering calls in one thread, right?

I think I can do it, but I'm very busy at the moment, so if anyone
else wants to do it, no problem ;)

Udo