[Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: [Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:46:02 +0200

Hello,

In my most recent commit, I enforced the use of --enable-gui=KDE
when --enable-klash is specified in the arguments to configure. For
those of you who don't know, Klash works much like the Mozilla plugin;
it spawns a new klash process which embeds into a Konqueror window.

The change was needed because we currently only allow for one GUI to be
build at a time and unfortunately Klash does not play nicely with a GTK
GUI.

The main problem with this change is that it is no longer possible for
people to install klash _and_ a GTK based gnash (with an optional
mozilla plugin).

My question is: should we adjust the build system to allow for multiple
GUIs to be built? In effect, this means we would have seperate binaries
like Gnash (GTK), Klash (KDE), Slash (SDL), Flash (FLTK), et cetera.

My gut feeling tells me that it's probably not worth the effort, but if
people think this would be useful, I'll consider doing it.

Bastiaan