Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure options

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure options
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:37:49 +0200

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 12:41:20AM +0200, Markus Gothe wrote:

> > The first obvious problem is that the libraries for each combination would
> > share the same names, and so it would be impossible to have at the same time
> > installed the plugins for mozilla and konqueror, for example. It's also a
> > problem, unless the ABI was the same for every combination, to provide a
> > development environment in the future, when the API was stable enough.
> >
> > Any ideas?

The plan is having the shared libs contain support for all guis/renderers/sounds
compiled in, possibly with a plugin architecture.
Generally speaking I think that packagers should *not* provide '-dev' packages
for gnash until it gets to 1.0 :)
I already made a proposal to completely drop production of the .so specifically
so to not have to support them at this stage (there's no clear API not stable
ABI for them)