Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:22:20 +0200

Hello Deanna,

>>   I just committed a major extension to the AGG backend.

DP> This is great!  Looks like it is going to be super-fast.

Oh, good to hear. I had no opportunity to test Gnash locally. Instead,
I'm running it on a remote server and have the results displayed in
Cygwin (very slow due to network bottleneck).
There are a few things that can still be optimized in the renderer.

DP> There are a few issues here though ( gtk/agg OpenBSD 4.0)

>>   http://stream.shockwave.com/afassets/ninjai2/nj_chapterninjai12_bb.swf

DP> This tries to load and stops at 3% with the error:

DP> assertion "dynamic_cast<button_character_definition*> (chdef)"
DP> failed: file "swf/tag_loaders.cpp", line 1297, function
DP> "button_sound_loader"

When playing over network? Did you try to download the file first?

DP> Also, I see very few colors, some artifacts and weird wrapping

Seems like the wrong pixelformat is used (again). What is your video
mode (bits per pixel)? Also, can you tell the format (RGB, BGR, ...).
Don't ask me how to find that out.. ;)

DP> standalone elvis:

DP> http://deanna.freeshell.org/gnash.jpg

DP> plugin:

DP> http://deanna.freeshell.org/lala.jpg

DP> I've been waiting for this a while, it's great to see it so
DP> close.  Thanks!

One or two weeks, then masks should work, too.

Udo