Re: [Gnash-dev] AGG backend now supporting all fill styles

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] AGG backend now supporting all fill styles
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:19:35 +0200

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:51:13PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Thursday, October 26, 2006, 8:16:12 PM, you wrote:
> >> Damn. Can you fix this (or whoever made the current compatibility
> >> layer)?
>
> s> mmm.. it'a s full header this time. I'm afraid it's going to
> s> be nearly equivalent to ship the whole AGG with gnash, which we
> s> decided not to do ...
> s> Maybe we should just exit with an error from ./configure if AGG
> s> required version is not found...
>
> BTW, version 2.5 came out a few days ago. It's nearly equal to to 2.4
> version but it's released under the GNU license:
> http://www.antigrain.com/news/index.html

Excellent ! GPL :D
This makes it possible to ship any portion of it, still I'd rather encorage
users to download 2.5 if having problems with 2.4...
I fixed my problems installing 2.4 actually (not the one in debian testing)
but 2.5 will probably make sure nothing is missing ?
(unless some *parts* of AGG are intentionally left out due to licensing
 differences ?)

> Do you have any idea why there are differences (in the RPM) at all?

Eh... should try to find out. It's a .deb, not an RPM..
As I said, is it possible that portions of AGG are non considered "free"
in debian terms ?