Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:03:51 -0700

strk wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:43:53AM +0100, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

> Do you mean that libgnashgui.so can currently have support for
> multiple GUIs ?

  The library should be able to hold support for multiple GUIs.

> If we plan to allow for multiple GUIs in libgnashgui (and libgnashplayer)
> we should change the --enable-gui switch to accept a comma-separated
> list of guis, and update interface of Player to allow setting a
> specific GUI for use.

 We should probably do this, but I think for this release we should just
 build klash and gtk. Since AGG is now fully functional, I'm debating
whether we should have the release build with gtk-agg instead of OpenGL.

  The bigger problem is that gui/klash doesn't work at all. The
Qapplication in kde.cpp must be initialized with argc and argv, and
without that, it never gets the Display right. For the release I'm
tempted to going back to building plugin/klash/klash instead, and we can
fix KDE support in CVS later.

>> Yes. The important thing is that when Klash is enabled, the KDE GUI is
>> built (in addition to whatever GUI the user specifies).

  But only when --enable-plugin is specified. I started adding support
code for Gnash plugins last night, but it'll go in CVS, not this release.