Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:32:25 +0100

strk wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:03:51AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
>
>>> If we plan to allow for multiple GUIs in libgnashgui (and libgnashplayer)
>>> we should change the --enable-gui switch to accept a comma-separated
>>> list of guis, and update interface of Player to allow setting a
>>> specific GUI for use.
>>  We should probably do this, but I think for this release we should just
>>  build klash and gtk. Since AGG is now fully functional, I'm debating
>> whether we should have the release build with gtk-agg instead of OpenGL.
>
> I'm a supporter of AGG, as it supports more features then ogl (no text
> antialiasing problems and proper support for masks). Moreover, it is
> free-graphic-drivers-friendly.

I'm a supporter of OGL but for now I think we miss two features that AGG
supports albeit it doesn't work as good as ol' OGL (and requires lots of
CPU on some platforms, i.e. MIPS/IRIX). So IMO we should stick to OGL as
default until next release.
>>   The bigger problem is that gui/klash doesn't work at all. The
>> Qapplication in kde.cpp must be initialized with argc and argv, and
>> without that, it never gets the Display right. For the release I'm
>> tempted to going back to building plugin/klash/klash instead, and we can
>> fix KDE support in CVS later.
>
> Sounds good to me, multiple gui support doesn't seem a "well supported"
> feature to have into a release (even if alpha)

Agree, what about disabling klash as default in 0.7.2?
> --strk;

//Markus