Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:50:51 +0100

Hello Markus,

MG> I'm a supporter of OGL but for now I think we miss two features that AGG
MG> supports albeit it doesn't work as good as ol' OGL (and requires lots of
MG> CPU on some platforms, i.e. MIPS/IRIX).

Interesting. Can you tell me more about the CPU issue?

MG> So IMO we should stick to OGL as default until next release.

I'd say we should default to whatever is more complete and has less
requirements. Not everyone has a OpenGL supported gfx card but the
ones who have will probably find the --enable-gui=opengl switch
easily.

Probably most people expect Gnash to "just work" and the /next/ thing
they worry about is speed.

Don't know if OpenGL renderer works even if there is no special
hardware. In that case it is much less problematic, of course.

>> Sounds good to me, multiple gui support doesn't seem a "well supported"
>> feature to have into a release (even if alpha)

Agree.

Udo