Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:06:45 +0100

Hello strk,

>> GTK/AGG is ok (keeps aspect ratio, but guess that's intended behaviour)

Yes, I updated gui.cpp so that it always keeps aspect ratio:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/gnash/gui/gui.cpp?cvsroot=gnash&r1=1.43&r2=1.44

That's how the MM plugin does rescaling and many movies expect it to
work that way. Newer SWF version make the behaviour configurable (for
example, you can disable rescaling if you wish). AFAIK aspect ratio is
fixed in any case.

Most Flash websites embed the plugin with "100%" width and height and
it would look odd when the aspect ratio would not be fixed.

s> Tested GTK/Opengl. Works (and doesn't keep aspect ratio, dunno which
s> is better :)

It does not use the xscale/yscale values calculated in the gui. Prior
to my patch they were not used anywhere...

Udo