Re: [Gnash-dev] head in really bad shape

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] head in really bad shape
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:36:06 +0100

I had to think a bit about this before answering; now I feel
I've got it. My problem is basically the fact that given the
high hacking rate on the code any release will immediately
be outdated, so lots of bug reports might be already fixed
in head or code might be completely changed there.

I envision a situation in which on each bug report we'd respond
with "did you try with the head branch" ?

Maybe people will actually try with head then, so it would be
a good thing anyway, or we might try with head ourself, so
not a big deal.

You're right, bug reports are very important, and I'm grateful
with anyone taking the time to produce them.
Just hope this 072 packaging doesn't take too much time so
we can concentrate on a single branch for further refactoring...

--strk;