[Gnash-dev] Gnash running on PDA!

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash running on PDA!
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:35:14 -0700

I just tweaked all the configuration code in Gnash (I'll check it in
shortly) that makes it trivially easy to cross configure Gnash now.
Basically if you use this set of cross tools & SDK
http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/oe-cross-sdk-20061103.tar.bz2,
everything is pre built to cross compile for a Debian (2.6.16 kernel)
and Arm based embedded Linux system. This tool chain is based on the SDK
for the OpenEmbedded.org project. I used GPE, as it's an X11-GTK
environment instead of Opie, which is a Qt based one. This SDK should
work for any of the Nokia 770, HP iPaq, Sharp Zaurus based PDAs.

This photo <http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/frog1.jpg> shows the Frog
Blender Flash movie running on a Sharp C3200 PDA. it's pretty slow, and
seems to have event handling issues. Elvis wouldn't even load, it ran
out of memory after about 5 minutes. Several other movies played fine,
just slowly (it's a 436Mhz ARM) ... This was a Gtk2-AGG build, as the
Zaurus has no OpenGL support.