Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 10:54:27 -0700

strk wrote:

> What do you mean by "support this release" ?

  Luckily we're not in the enterprise support biz, or we'd have to
support every old release for many years. What I meant was whatever we
put out as an official release, alpha or not, is the version most
distributions ship. So we'll be getting bug reports on 0.7.2, regardless
of ether something is fixed in CVS or not.

> Should we use the branch for bugfix releases then (0.7.x) and keep
> head for 0.8 ?

  For alpha releases, now. We'll leave the branch after the release
(I'll tag it again when we make the actual release). Hopefully we won't
be forced to do a 0.7.2.1 bug fix release anytime soon. I'd prefer to
keep developing in CVS, and then just make a new release a 0.7.3 branch
when we get video stabilized to the point it works for YouTube, Google,
or Lulu.tv.