Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:48:05 -0800

Congratulations, everybody, on stabilizing this release candidate.

>                                                       I'd prefer to
> keep developing in CVS, and then just make a new release a 0.7.3 branch
> when we get video stabilized to the point it works for YouTube, Google,
> or Lulu.tv.

By the time Gnash plays videos from the top sites, as well as lots of
SWF's from other places, it'll be time to stop calling it version
0.something.something and call it 0.9 or 1.0.  There's little sense in
three- and four-digit release numbers here.

        John