[Gnash-dev] Re: ActionScript errors (was: invalidated bounds interfaces)

From: Martin Guy
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: ActionScript errors (was: invalidated bounds interfaces)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:59:29 +0000

I see "printing" such warnings as a feature, I'm sure many flash coders
would agree on this.

I was going to say "Well, in GUI land, such things will not be seen
anyway, like all the rest of the X error messages you find on the
linux console whan you quit X."
 But with the frame buffer interface, any stdout/err output could be
visible. I suggest complete radio silence unless specifically enabled,
or unless something so tragic happens that we must have an error
message report of some kind (such as when an unavoidably fatal error
happens, like an x-based gui being unable to open the display)