Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Releasing 0.7.2 RSN (i.e. on monday)...
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:57:39 -0700

John Gilmore wrote:

> By the time Gnash plays videos from the top sites, as well as lots of
> SWF's from other places, it'll be time to stop calling it version
> 0.something.something and call it 0.9 or 1.0.  There's little sense in
> three- and four-digit release numbers here.

  I guess my own definition for a 1.0 beta release would be full Flash
v9 compliance. By that definition we have a huge amount of work ahead of
us. It may be that getting streaming video working well makes a good
case for an 8.0 release. That would then make a 9.0 release something
like having all the ActionScript classes implemented, and v8 compliant.

  If anybody feels like working on some simple Gnash contributions that
would be greatly appreciated, there are more than a few ActionScript
classes that need code added to the stubs so they actually work. Most of
us are working in the core player code currently, since that needed alot
of focus.