Re: [Gnash-dev] Test Case Results

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Test Case Results
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:45:32 +0100

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:35:55AM +1100, mark cox wrote:
> Hi,
> The test cases for flash version 8 don't work at all for me on windows. I
> just get a blank display. This is using ie and firefox.
> Also, sometimes the other tests produce a blank display. i tried running
> several versions, and as soon as one version worked, the others started
> working too.

It is likely due to your browser caching the pages.
Hard to tell when you don't have control over the player.
If you have a version of the player that shows you traces you might
have more information.

> I will continue to post test case results regularly if people find them
> useful.

They are *extremely* useful, as any FAILURE by the "reference" player
is likely a bug in our testcases. Actually, you might consider directly
modifying the testcases and send us patches to them.

Note that before patching a single testcase, it is worth testing it
with all target versions, as things might work differently between
versions and we can produce different checks for different SWF targets
by using the OUTPUT_VERSION define.