[Gnash-dev] Re: [patch #5576] Implements missing AS String Class methods

From: Michael Meier
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [patch #5576] Implements missing AS String Class methods & adds further tests for AS String Class.
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:47:16 +0100

strk wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:48:26PM +0100, Michael Meier wrote:
>

>>I just tried it with the propierty v7 Flash Player. The SWF v5 testcase
>>does not work: all the v5 tests print:
>>-xtrace enabled-
>

> mm.. I'm not a Flash expert, dunno what can be wrong with that...
> We'll need to find out, maybe using some unsupported constructs or
> tag...
>

>>Strangely enough the Boolean test case works in v6 but does not fully
>>work in v7 and v8. the
>>boolObj.toString != undefined
>>boolObj.valueOf != undefined
>>checks fail while the other tests run well. Notably tests like:
>>check_equals(defaultBool.toString(), "false");
>>work!
>>Strange?
>

> mmm... seems a kind of 'protection', unless undefined == undefined is false ?
> Could you try adding some other testcases to track that down ?

Hehe, I'll try. But I am by no means an expert in AS, but I may find
some pointers :)

Concerning the as_object::add_property:
How do I construct the needed getter / setter as_functions? At the
moment I am stuck with:

        boost::intrusive_ptr<builtin_function> getter(new
builtin_function(&string_length,NULL));
        boost::intrusive_ptr<builtin_function> setter(new
builtin_function(NULL,NULL));

        bool m = o.add_property(std::string("mongo"),*getter,*setter);

with m == true. Probably new builtin_function(&string_length,NULL) is
wrong. I just pass NULL as I have no idea what to pass. The doc says an
as_object *iface. But what does this interface contain?

string_length never gets called. Additionally I only want to implement
the getter method and no setter method. Does anybody know a way to
achieve this or has some pointers?

cheers,
Michael