[Gnash-dev] Bizarre screen painting outside the bounding box

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Bizarre screen painting outside the bounding box
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:05:10 -0800

The 0.7.2 release has been really good to my screen until today.  Then I
went to:

  http://50x15.amd.com/en-us/

It has a Flash animation near the top of the page that says "Imagine half
the world had Internet access.  In 10 years you won't have to."

That animates fine, but if I scroll the browser window while it is updating
(moving a woman's image across the image), it suddenly starts painting part
of the image at the bottom of my physical screen!  The rest keeps updating
in its proper place.

I was able to repeat this several times.  It appears to happen as the Flash
region scrolls until its top is above the physical screen top.  E.g. put
your browser window near the top of your screen, and scroll the page a long
way, so that only the last fifth of the Flash animation is visible in the
browser window.

CPU: Dual Athlon PC
OS:  Debian Sarge
Browser:  Firefox 1.5.0.7
Gnash 0.7.2, configured:
  Renderer: opengl   GUI: gtk   Sound handler: sdl   Decoder: mad

Enjoy!  This gnash has other bugs with scrolling its imaging area
in and out of the browser's visible area, too; it paints funny things
sometimes if you scroll up and down while it's working hard.
But today's the first time I'd seen it paint way outside the browser
window.

        John