Re: [Gnash-dev] using AC_LIBLTDL_INSTALLABLE is bad...

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] using AC_LIBLTDL_INSTALLABLE is bad...
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:24:00 -0700

Patrice Dumas wrote:

> I think that using AC_LIBLTDL_INSTALLABLE is bad, for example on fedora
> this installs libltdl as part of gnash install, we really don't want that!
> What is wrong with AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE?

  There is nothing wrong with with AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE. I used
AC_LIBLTDL_INSTALLABLE because if there is an installed version of
libltdl that gets used, and if not, then the library gets built. We
could use AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE?, but the library always gets built.
Course maybe that's not really an issue, since the sources have to be
included anyway, and this library doesn't change too often.