Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:11:27 +0100

Btw, you might be instrested in looking at opengl shaders for speed conversion up instead of using combiner registers. Alas that's only part of OGL >=1.4 afaik.

//Markus

Vitaly Alexeev wrote:

Whether it is necessary to convert YUV-> RGB? Everyone video render should solve itself. I am precisely assured, that the convertion should not be in " class YUV_video ". Because img_convert(YUV 1024x768 => RGB) goes during ~10ms on Pentium 1.7Ghz. Our video works simultaneously with Flash player. Usually user of Flash uses 24 Frame Per Second. Hence at us is 40ms to draw flash frame & video frame. The current video implementation draws video for ~(7..10)ms. Therefore addition yuv=>rgb convertion can lead to that that we shall not keep within in fps.