Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:58:04 -0700

John Gilmore wrote:

> To avoid a lot of startup overhead on every gnash startup, I suggest
> only looking for these extensions if or when someone invokes a class
> that isn't already defined.  I.e. turn an error into a "look for
> extensions".

  That's the plan. Currently I scan the directory for just the names of
the modules, and store that away. Then later if that gets called from
within a movie, it'll get loaded at that time. Another thing I'm
considering is making *all* the ActionScript classes plugins, which
would reduce the size of the player, and reduce the amount of objects
the VM would have to go through when playing a movie.