Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] for build

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] for build
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:22:21 +0100

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 12:41:33PM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 12:23:15PM +0100, strk wrote:
>
> I tracked this down to macros/libtool.m4 not matching the version
> of 'libtool' I have on this machine.
>
> So, if we use 'libtoolize --copy --force', thus replacing the ltmain.sh
> file, we should as well update macros/libtool.m4, or completely drop
> it so that the system one is used.
>
> Alternatively, we should *not* run libtoolize ?

I think we shouldn't have libtool.m4, ltmain.sh (nor libltdl) in cvs,
but rather use the system ones, and then when Rob does a release he would
use the newest one. But as long they are in cvs, maybe running libtoolize
isn't wise.

To be more precise, I think that it would be better to remove libltdl
completly from cvs and run:
libtoolize --copy --force --ltdl
But some people allready started modifying libltdl, so it is not obvious
what to do now.

--
Pat