Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] for build

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] for build
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:15:24 -0700

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:27:21AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
>>
> Exactly. Maybe we could also get rid of config.guess, install-sh,
> config.sub and similar files (don't know if ther are other like those)?

  libtoolize copies config.guess and config.sub too, so we could
probably use it for everything. I'll look into it.

> I don't know why but a mail I send yesterday hasn't made through to
> the list, where I propose a patch for kde.m4 to remove a lot of macros
> from that file, including AC_PROG_LIBTOOL. Once this is applied the system
> libtool.m4 will be used.

  kde.m4 was one of the few macros we didn't create, and it's not only
overkill I think, but cause other issues with Gnash. So a shorter
version would be good. :-) I didn't see the patch, the mail server at
gnu.org has been somewhat flaky this week.