Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:10:40 -0700

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> Agree, although this in my opinion still means that Adobe dictates the
> specification.

  We'll be following Adobe's "spec", but we'll be developing our own
documentation about the spec, including the differences between subtle
implementation issues. There are actually quite a few places where Abode
doesn't follow their own specification...

> So, this means that Gnash will _always_ be one step behind.

  Gnash runs on many more platforms than the Adobe player, so who's
behind who ? :-) If the Gnash user community starts creating interesting
and useful extensions to Flash via the extension mechanism, I believe
Adobe will follow us... and if not, I don't really care.