[Gnash-dev] lightweighted mutexes vs. real mutexes

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] lightweighted mutexes vs. real mutexes
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:58:13 +0100

I've started use of boost::thread in movie_def_impl.
I suggest we switch all mutexes/threads to boost
for consistency. The 'lightweighted' mutexes we've been
using are not fully documented so I suggest we avoid
their use.

The dark side is that *real* mutexes require the boost
thread lib, whereas the *lightweighted* ones only needed
headers. No big deal though as the autoconf scripts already
check for it, so just add BOOST_LIBS to the Makefile.am
when you use boost threads.

Reference: http://www.boost.org/doc/html/threads.html

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.