Re: [Gnash-dev] Seeking simple actionscript example

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Seeking simple actionscript example
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:20:20 +0100

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 03:56:57PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
> Hi
>   I need to probe adobe player's action script classes with erroneous
> code to make sure our versions fail in the same ways.
> Does anyone have, or can easily cook up, a short .as file for ming
> that runs an AS code fragment and displays the result as text in the
> movie window? (To save me the trouble of figuring ming/AS out from
> 0...)

There are two ways to create a textfield, a dynamic way using the
drawing API (unsupported by Gnash) and a static way using DEFINETEXT
tags.

To work around the missing drawing API in gnash I produced the
Dejagnu.swf loadable module, which includes a static textfield
definition and provides some facilities.

The easy way to use it is as follows:

--- test.as ----------------
note("here's some text");

$ makeswf -iDejagnu.swf:dejagnu -o test.swf dejagnu_so_init.as test.as
dejagnu_so_fini.as

Then play test.swf, making sure that Dejagnu.swf is in the same dir as
'test.swf'.

The dejagnu_so_init.as and dejagnu_so_fini.as  can be found in
testsuite/actionscript.all

Oh, I think you need latest Ming release, run gnash with -v to catch any
problems with Ming.