Re: [Gnash-dev] How does gnash process actionscript

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How does gnash process actionscript
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:06:18 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 12:34:10AM -0600, ken carlino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please tell me how does gnash process actionscript,
> like this:
> 1.   var v1 = function () {
>   //...
>  }
>
> 2.   _global.logic = new Object();
>
> Can you please tell me what functions will be called to handle action
> script that I mention above.

Handling functions depend on SWF tags, not on sourcecode.
Number (1) above might be transformed to DEFINEFUNCTION or DEFINEFUNCTION2
plus ACTION_VAR, ACTION_VAREQUALS or ACTION_SETVARIABLE (var v1=<something>).
Number (2) might be transformed to ACTION_INITOBJECT or ACTION_NEW (new Object)
plus ACTION_GETVAR (_global) plus ACTION_SETMEMBER (_global.logic = <smething>)

All handlers are in server/vm/ASHandlers.cpp. Mapping between functions
and tags are in the SWFHandlers constructor.
-va tells you which functions are being called.