Re: [Gnash-dev] GUI-specific configuration

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GUI-specific configuration
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:23:55 -0700

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> I know that gnash parses a gnash.rc configuration file (and that's
> *everything* I know about it *g*). I'd like to add some GUI-specific
> (FB GUI only) configuration settings to specify type of input device,
> touchscreen calibration parameters etc.
>
> Where to start?

  There is a manual section on the rc file, and it's API. Basically it's
very simple, just add new methods to rc.h and rc.cpp, and then make sure
you also add the few lines of code (cut & paste) for each new setting.
The $(HOME)/.gnashrc file is mostly oriented towards user settings that
may change, so I think for FB specific config settings that effect the
Player itself, these should be in an external disk file, that gets read
by Gnash using either the XML support to read in a config file, or the
new File I/O extension. Currently most Flash "applications" I've worked
on (as opposed to an animation) use the XML AS class to read in config
files.