[Gnash-dev] About gnash and embedded playing.

From: Zaskar
Subject: [Gnash-dev] About gnash and embedded playing.
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:02:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello. First of all, congratulations for the great work you are doing with
gnash. I'm writing to you because I'm doing some development that may use gnash
and I have some questions. I'm writing an amsn pluguin for sending, receiving
and viewing winks. Winks are cab files with flash movies inside. As amsn is
written in tcl/tk and there's no widget for displaying flash movies, I have to
call an external player. The official msn client plays the winks inside the
chat window and with transparent background (over the text). My plug can call
any external flash player for playing the animation, but all of them open a new
window, and it's not good looking. That's why I want to use gnash, because I
can use the -x argument to make it play inside my chat window (I create an
empty canvas and pass gnash its window-id). My problems are: it only works with
version .7.1 in Linux... .7.2 and cvs ones says that the requested window-id is
not found (and it always say 0x0)... And the win32 version doesn't work at all
for me (in XP SP2). So, some questions are: Do you still take care of win32
version? Do "-x" works in Windows? What can be wrong in the newer Linux
versions? Is there any way to set the transparent background? When are we going
to see another release? I don't know if thats the right place to ask. If it's
not, please let me know. Thanks in advance and keep going on. Greetings. Zaskar.

Never Miss an Email