[Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to play swf file

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to play swf file
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:36:01 +0100

[ gnash-dev put back in, please keep it in the recipient list ]

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 02:20:11PM -0600, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:

> Sorry, I found the code...
>
> And in the action script of player2.swf, it does something like this:
> Maybe that is why gnash can't find the functions 'setMovie', 'playMoive'.
>
> it uses another variable 'v1' and set its prototype using another variable
> 'v2'.
>
>   logic.Movie = v1;
>        logic.Movie extends MovieClip;
>        var v2 = v1.prototype;
>    v2.setMovie = function (_video_id, image_url, movie_url, l,
> _track_id, eurl, append_vars) {
>  /// .....
> }
> v2.playMovie = function () {
> //....
> }

This code could probably be tested adding it to
testsuite/actionscript.all/Inheritance.as.
Anyway, Ming does not really support 'extends' as it is expressed
above, but needs some 'asm' help (search for 'extends' in that file).

I haven't checked myself, but I belive you can easily find
setMovie and playMovie in logic.Movie given the code above.
I mean, it should work with Gnash. Please test.
I belive (but again, needs to be tested) that the problem
is in Object.registerClass. I'm assuming that the logic.Movie
class will be registered as a class for MovieClips later..