Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: OpenLaszlo support (continued..)

From: P T Withington
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: OpenLaszlo support (continued..)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:05:24 -0500

On 2007-02-26, at 17:42 EST, strk wrote:

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:28:39PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
The importAssets hack is in there because it turns out that if you do that
it imports any fonts in the loaded clip into the main app, so it's
a way to dynamically load fonts at runtime. Unfortunately we couldn't figure out any way to use that to dynamically load swf assets (Laszlo resources) so they could be attached to clips in the main movie, Flash doesn't seem to
allow that.

You mean w/out the main SWF having knowledge of the dependencies ?
(you do can import assets if you know where they are and how they are called..)

It is our understanding that swf library names are local to the swf. That is, `attachMovie` looks up symbolic names relative to the swf it is running in. There is no way to use `attachMovie` to instantiate a resource from a loaded swf into the main timeline. If there is a way to do that with importAssets, we'd like to know about it!