[Gnash-dev] Audio works partially...

From: Michael Koonce
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Audio works partially...
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:52:36 -0500

I've been experimenting with the browser plugin, just thought I would
share what I have learned.

YouTube videos do not play sound (for me at least).  I cannot adjust the
audio slider to a higher volume.

I found the link below and it does play audio... kind-of.

http://www.bytescout.com/swfscout_flash_demo_video.html

The video plays perfect, without horizontal white lines.  After I let
the video loop through a few times I can hear about 6-7 seconds of
sound.  But the first few times through I only get a second or two of
sound.

I'm using Ubuntu installed on a PS3 with gnash version
0.8.0~cvs20070611.1016-lubuntu3~feisty1, according to Synaptic Package
Manager.

Feel free to email me with questions.  I'll be happy to help in any way
I can...

Keep up the good work,

Mike.