Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: Bitwise stream reading performance

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: Bitwise stream reading performance
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:40:13 +0200

Hello strk,

s> What about making gnash::stream cache controllable by user ?
s> For example, tag loaders which intend to use the underlying stream
s> could disable caching, while others could cache the whole tag.

That won't work as the read-ahead cache would load data (= steal data)
from tu_file which instead should be read by these special tag
loaders.

I fear we won't be able to implement any kind of caching mechanism
unless *everything* uses "stream" to load data or bit-reading is
implemented in tu_file itself. The latter case is the worst thing I
can imagine.

Uh-oh..

Udo