Re: [Gnash-dev] Incorrect message when AGG is old...

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Incorrect message when AGG is old...
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 06:27:43 +0200

It'dnt work because CXXFLAGS a'int set and the check_func is bogus ;)

On 30 Aug, 2007, at 20:48 , Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

   s> Anyway, still interested in attempts to bild with an older AGG
   s> ...

   As long as the particular 2.4 version contains the
   render_scanlines_compound_layered template/class (normally
   defined in agg_renderer_scanline.h) the AGG version should be
   OK, so you could check for that if that's possible.

   Not sure if the compatibility layer is still worth it since
   2.5 is now the current version.

It should be very trivial to do such a check:

AC_LANG([C++])
AC_CHECK_LIB([some_crucial_function_in_libagg], [libagg], [],
  AC_MSG_ERROR([you are missing libagg, please install it]))
AC_CHECK_FUNC([render_scanlines_compound_layered], [],
AC_MSG_ERROR([you are using a version of libagg that does not work with gnash]))

I don't know if this will work with C++'s template system though.

Hardly, as the macro would try to link, w/out including any header.

Which doesn't matter, autoconf uses a dummy prototype of the function
when testing if a symbol exists in a library.

I mean, there's nothing to link, its *all* in header what we need in this case.

Crap.  Didn't people learn not to put such stuff into headers? :?