Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:14:14 +0100

Hello strk,

s> See here for why X11 is checked even when build_fb is defined:
s>
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnash/configure.ac?root=gnash&r1=1.450&r2=1.451
s> Briefly, you can do --enable-gui=fb,gtk ...
s> So we *do* want to check for X11.

We do want to check for X11 if a GUI is choosen that needs it (ie.
"fb,gtk") but not if none of the choosen GUIs need it ("fb" only) I
guess.

s> Who complains ? The linker ?

No, Gnash builds fine. But I copy all binaries to the target system
(still same architecture). Starting the executable there brings up the
missing .so error because I don't have (and don't want) the X11 system
on that machine.

That's why I said "when I _start_ Gnash"...

s> If so check the relevant Makefile.am for X11_LIBS inclusion while
s> building fb gui, should not be there.

Which Makefile.am do you mean? backend/Makefile.am? NO X11_LIBS in
there. Sorry, I'm not a Makefile.am guru...

>> s> *Depending* on them is another pair of shoe though...
>> s> Don't we use -as-needed ?
>>
>> What do you mean?

s> That libs should link only if needed (but I guess you still need them
s> to build it if -l is specified...

Can't answer this.

Udo