Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash library question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash library question
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 09:21:09 -0700

John Mattei wrote:

       My question is, if I build gnash on a Mac OSX platform
       do you think I will be able to incorporate the gnash
       libraries into my Xcode build and use the funcitons
       to control the Flash movies.  The application is written
       in Objective-C.

Not unless your application is GPLv3. Gnash is a GNU project, and while you could physically do this, it would be a GPL violation. You could potentially use the standalone Gnash player, and just have it render in the window of your application, but that currently only works with GTK or KDE, not Aqua.

What most folks have done in the past is to write a standalone flash movie player that the rest of their proprietary application sends XML messages to when it wants to control something.

       Oh, if you would maybe have a C library for flash control,
       my company is willing to pay for it.

We will gladly accept donations of funding or equipment. :-) If you have a serious interest, you can contact me.

  btw, I've run Gnash on both PPC based Macs, and the newer dual core ones.