Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: from Hong Yu: partial progress of debugging Gnash-cv

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: from Hong Yu: partial progress of debugging Gnash-cvs with new FFmpeg
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:17:33 +0100

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 02:03:01PM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 05:47:59PM +0800, Hong Yu wrote:
> >
> > So would you consider the option '--enable-media=ffmpeg' for the new or
> > future release(s)?
>
> I'd be for using it in the upcoming (0.8.2) release.
> The only concern would be changing the configure script to not fallback
> automatically to ffmpeg if gst is not found, assuming the ffmpeg version
> would not be as stable as the gst one.

Sorry, I just looked at the patch. Another concern is not making the redesign
process harder, and this patch doesn't help with that in its current incarnation
(too many compile-time switches).
I think you mentioned the early state of your patch, so my question would be:
do you think you'll be able to clean it investing more on the abstraction
of the interfaces ?

-strk;