Re: [Gnash-dev] release branch created

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release branch created
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:25:04 -0700

strk wrote:

> I'd use 'release_0_8_2' for the branch, 'release_0_8_2_rc#' for release
> candidates and 'release_0_8_2_final' for the final release.

 I thought about that, but it is a release candidate, and the final one
will be tagged final. In hindsight, I should have left the rc1 off, but
with CVS, once you do something, you're stuck with it... Personally, I
wish somebody else would be doing all this release hacking and branching
in the future, but I seem to be stuck with the job for now.

  Thinking of CVS, after the release I'd like to switch to GIT, which
savannah now offers. They never got their subversion support going, they
went right to git.