Re: [Gnash-dev] Brief configure testing results

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Brief configure testing results
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:54:26 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:43:39AM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:

> /usr/share/apps/klash?  Didn't we rename it to kde-gnash or something?

kde-gnash is the name of a standalone player, 'klash' is the name of
the kparts module (I guess, not being a KDE power users I don't really know
if there's such a thing as a kparts module name).

>     When the Gnash player plays a Flash "movie", the movie can contain
>     scripts.  These scripts can call ActionScript classes.  One such class
>     is SharedObject.  SharedObject creates shared objects, which end up
>     stored in your computer's file system.  Soldumper prints these files,
>     which are comprised of a header, and a
>     collection of SWF AMF Objects that the movie is seeking to share.
>     When using other flash players, these objects are not viewable by the
> user.
>     Soldumper cures that.

> Is that accurate?

I belive soldumper is able to dump both the .sol created by Gnash and
the .sol created by other players. They shouldn't be in a different format.
Actually, it should be possible to share .sol files between gnash and
other players.