Re: [Gnash-dev] ready for 0.8.2 ?

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ready for 0.8.2 ?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:03:30 +0100 (CET)

I've spent a long time thinking about landing the missing-plugins patch,
but in the end I think it's too late in the game. For one, some users
may be unwilling to install proprietary codecs, yet they will see a
codec installation dialog every time they come across a flash with some
video. So we want to have a configure option in .gnashrc. Maybe even in
the GUI. Also, Gnash should be able to pick up on the new plugin without
restarting Gnash.

So there's code still to be written, but since I don't want to push the
release back further I think it should be postponed until after the
release.

So, in short, I have no patches pending. :)

Bastiaan