Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash installs klash_part.desktop in /usr/share/services

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash installs klash_part.desktop in /usr/share/services?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:00:37 +0100

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:57:01AM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> > I'm not a kde expert, so I don't know whether installing into
> > /usr/local/share/services would work or not.  I run GNOME as my
> > desktop.
>
> I don't know if it will work, but in any case the installation should
> always honor the prefix.

Yes, this would be the cleanest solution, except it won't work out of
the box. I've no idea how to make it work for kde at all, while you
could use MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH env variable for the npapi plugin.

Someone suggested we'd install hard links to prefix and symlinks
to install dir.

Note: this issue is the reason why 'make install' won't install the
plugins at all (it takes an explicit make install-plugins instead).