Re: [Gnash-dev] Kate Davis: Re: On Flash and Gnash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Kate Davis: Re: On Flash and Gnash
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:50:01 -0700

John Gilmore wrote:

> I don't think there is a new gnash in OLPC's update.1 release -- at
> least, it isn't very new.  It just calls itself "gnash cvs" without a
> version or date.  However, the RPM it was built from says it's
> "gnash.0.8.1-2.olpc2.20071226cvs", which is a lot more informative;
> it's two months old.  This is visible here, in the build log:

  Yes, we've had issues with the builds for the OLPC, which is why I
plan to setup automated builds. I'll also be building mine with the
Geode optimized tool chain.

> The main Gnash project is within a week of cutting its next (0.8.2)
> public release.  Rob Savoye can probably soon provide you (and the
> joyride build) with a 0.8.2 OLPC gnash for testing.  That would
> probably go into update.2.

  Yes, there are already a few rpms and binary tarballs snapshots on
http://www.getgnash.org. Once the release goes out in the next few days,
I'll finish getting the automated build stuff going on the build farm.
We also need to add the version of the gstreamer-ffmpeg plugin so that
can be installed to make YouTube work. Gstreamer is finicky about
versions, and minor differences can make video not work.