Re: [Gnash-dev] ready for 0.8.2? Finding "moc"

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ready for 0.8.2? Finding "moc"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:47:38 +0100

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:44:13PM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:59:18PM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:
> > > On FC6, moc is in /usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin/moc.
> >
> > Does FC6 provide a QTDIR, and if so, does it point to
> > /usr/lib/qt-3.3 ?
>
> Not sure what your mean by a QTDIR.  An environment variable, in the
> default shell environment?  Nope!  I wouldn't expect it to, either.
>
> But I don't run QT or KDE anyway, though on occasion I run a KDE
> application program under X and Gnome.  I was just trying to build
> Gnash, and all this stuff came up from that.  Gnash is what tries to
> build both Gnome and KDE versions, by default.  If you don't have the
> development package for kde installed, gnash's ./configure complains.
> So I installed it, since gnash's configure script suggested that (and
> I provided a bugfix for that, giving the right Fedora package name,
> which I haven't seen anyone check in).  The rest of these bug reports
> follow from that.

In the gnash srpm, in FC-6, there is:

[ -n "$QTDIR" ] || . %{_sysconfdir}/profile.d/qt.sh

Which means:

[ -n "$QTDIR" ] || . /etc/profile.d/qt.sh

and having QTDIR in the env is needed to build.

By the way FC-6 is unmaintained now. Also you can have a look at the
gnash spec files to see how it is built in fedora. I guess that the
gnash in FC-6 doesn't suit your needs, it is very old.

--
Pat