Re: [SPAM] Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash installs klash_part.desktop in /usr/sha

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash installs klash_part.desktop in /usr/share/services?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:51:15 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:12:20AM +0100, strk wrote:

> The problem with defaulting to the user-provided --prefix is that
> the kde plugin would simply not work. Do you think that would be a
> good default ?

Yes. I think that predictable install paths are more important than an
installation working in every case. If the user wants to use the system
filesystem he can use --prefix=/usr. But if the prefix is set to
/usr/local everything should be under /usr/local.

Users that don't understand that kind of issue will use packages anyway.

--
Pat