Re: [Gnash-dev] Proposal: Bittorrent support for Gnash

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Proposal: Bittorrent support for Gnash
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:01:11 -0400

On 2008.03.17, Rene Bartsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> That lead me to the idea of integrating Bittorrent (with support of
> Distributed Hash Tables) into Adobe Flash.

BitTorrent isn't suitable for realtime streaming of media.  You cannot
guarantee at the beginning that every block will be available by the
time you're ready to consume it.  This will result in a really poor user
experience.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | address@hidden | http://dossy.org/