Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe Patents RTMP

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Adobe Patents RTMP
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:35:01 +0100 (CET)

In US patent law, the relevant date for prior art is the filing date, not
the date the patent was awarded. So that's Jan 29, 2003. I doubt that
what Adobe has patented is novel, so we might try to encourage the EFF
to include this patent in their patent busting project. Assuming US
Congress doesn't eleminate ex parte review, of course.

Bastiaan