[Gnash-dev] about start_stream_sound_tag

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] about start_stream_sound_tag
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:31:49 +0200

I'm reviewing start_stream_sound_tag and found it pretty
confusing and most likely bogus.

What gnash does is creating such a tag ( a ControlTag )
whenever it encounters a StreamBlockSound tag (19).

That tag (AFAIU) can be seen as both a definition tag
(contains the actual samples) AND a control tag
(it 'ancors' a specific block of sound  to a frame).

What Gnash does is reading the definition (the samples)
and append them to a buffer of samples created when
the SoundStreamHead tag was found (start the stream),
receiving back an offset in that buffer for the current
block; then it creates that ControlTag and register
with the frame so it'll trigger start of playing
the specific block (which is, the stream starting
at the specific offset).

I tough I'd write a mail about it, just for reference.
I'm putting the tag in its own file and fixing the
signature change all togheter..

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!