Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash0.8.2 memory usageimprovement on ARMv6 -- seeking s

From: Richard Tseng
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash0.8.2 memory usageimprovement on ARMv6 -- seeking support
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:28:31 +0800

Dear Sandro,

Yuhong did step up to recover ffmpeg for gnash. Hopefully others also find the inclusion of ffmpeg beneficial to the gnash project !

It should only take you a few seconds to run the first test case (libai-layer2-20-sound.swf). Did you see following behavior ?
- 0~3 seconds - can see dancing charater, no sound, memory is 11MB <- this is OK
- after ~10 seconds - stream sound playback as noise, memory jumps up to 30MB

If you tell us the problem does not happen in gstreamer version, then I would be more than happy to file bug report and look for a fix.

BTW, Yuhong is a 'she'.

Richard