Re: [Gnash-dev] switch to git after release

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] switch to git after release
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 13:09:17 -0600

strk wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 03:02:31PM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
>> Rob reminds me that we're switching to git after the 0.8.3 release, so
>> I'm reminding y'all.
>
> Does it mean it's useless to branch (ie: develop in git, close
> release in cvs) ?

  I think the idea was to stick with cvs through the release. Optionally
I could setup a git repository and keep it in sync with cvs, but that's
a bit of a pain in the neck. Learning git will likely cause some
problems, so we just want to switch at the proper time. I've been
playing with git for a few weeks, and like it.