Re: [Gnash-dev] install vs install-plugins && klash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] install vs install-plugins && klash
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:49:28 +0200

strk wrote:

kdeaddons-3.5.9 installs by default in kde system dir, but accepts to install
all in --prefix if given (warning if it thinks it won't work):

A "KPart" installs differently than an application that just needs the kde libraries.

        --with-plugins-install=system|user|prefix

Using $prefix is wrong! Please, research this some more. I spent a lot of time to get the kparts installation cleaned up and working, and I think if you really research this you'll see that a kparts style plugin cannon be installed in $prefix.

I'd just assume if a user intentionally calls --with-plugins-install=prefix
he knows what he's doing. We should make life easy for those that know what
they are doing...

$prefix is wrong! I do agree an option to make this easier for package maintainers to install kparts in system directories is ok. The default should be the same as now, installing in $HOME/.kde.